Watermelon Methi Salad by Mari B
by Shweta Thakur on Jan 12, 2022
- 1/2 a medium watermelon scored into little globes or just chopped up
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/2 an onion finely sliced (soak in lime juice )
- 25 gm pomegranate peeled
- 1 lime Juice and zest
- 20-30 gm fresh methi /fenugreek leaves washed and chopped
- 15 gm fresh mint leaves washed and chopped
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp vegan mozzarella (i used @angelosvegancheese)
- 1 tsp dried and peeled watermelon seeds
- In a small bowl marinate the onion in lime juice,salt and cumin powder for 10-15 mins to temper it.
- In a nice salad dish start adding the ingredients around one by one - The methi leaves, mint, avocado, watermelon, pomegranate & capers. This salad needs a bit of care and all the elements shouldn’t be dumped together and tossed roughly, they will start disintegrating.
- Toss gently if you need, now add the onion and garnish with dried watermelon seeds and lemon zest.
- Lastly drizzle the remaining lime juice mix from the onions and serve chilled.
Watermelon : Its high water content (92%) keeps you hydrated, improves metabolism, muscle recovery, increases your blood flow - helping with weight management and keeping your heart healthy.
Methi : Balances the cholesterol in your body, soothing for your stomach and digestion, reduces menstrual cramps, muscle pain, maintains your liver and kidney health and prevents infection such as fever