Stuffed Bajji Menasinakayi by Susmitha Subbaraju
This recipe could work with any kind of Chilli Peppers, but I decided to use these because they are very easily available locally (they're commonly used to make deep fried snacks called Bajjis), are the perfect size for stuffing and can be enjoyed raw because they are not overly spicy.
For the filling:
- 1 cup Moong Sprouts (Mung Bean Sprouts)
- 2 small Carrots - grated
- Lots of Lemon Juice
For the peppers:
4 Bajji Menasinakayis (Banana Peppers)
For the pesto:
- 1/2 C Walnuts
- 1/2 C Cilantro
- 1 T Raisins
- 1 fat clove of Garlic
- Seeds from the de-seeded Bajji Menasinakayis
- Mix the stuffing ingredients cover and keep aside for half an hour for the flavours to blend.
- Make long, lengthwise slits in the peppers and carefully scoop out the seeds using a spoon. Save the seeds for the pesto and keep the peppers aside.
- For the pesto, grind everything together. Add a little water and blend well into a creamy paste.
- Assembling: Stuff the hollowed out chillies with the sprout mixture. Place them on a plate and pour oodles of pesto over them. Enjoy! :)