Caesar Trinity Salad by Roshni Sanghvi
by Shweta Thakur on Jan 13, 2022
It’s no wonder so many people love the classic Caesar salad because of the creamy dressing, crisp lettuce, and buttery croutons. In this recipe, the romaine is replaced with nutrient-dense kale. Additionally, in this recipe, there are plant protein and fibre with croutons with crispy, spiced chickpeas. This Vegan Caesar Trinity Salad is a beautiful and delicious variation on the familiar classic salad.
- 1/4 loaf of bread
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked chickpea
- 1/2 cup of cashews
- 1 full head of roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Croutons: Cut the bread into crouton cubes. Mix these in a bowl with dried oregano, lemon juice and pepper. Spread the cubes on a baking tray and bake at 200°C for 11 minutes.
- Blend all the dressing ingredients.
- For this recipe both soaked and regular cashews can be used. Soaked cashews give a creamier consistency, while regular cashews will give slightly crunchy consistency
- Mix dressing ingredients with the rest of the salad ingredients, croutons and serve