Brahmi Tambuli by Roshni Sanghvi
by Shweta Thakur on Jan 12, 2022
This traditional South Indian delicacy might be basic but is stacked up with trillions of nutrients. This dishes made from medicinal plants that are sure to keep you fit! It can be consumed as food or as medicine.
- 2 cup brahmi leaves
- 1/2 Cup fresh grated cocunut
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pan to heat and add cumin seeds
- Add red chillies
- Once the seeds pop, add some water
- Add brahmi leaves till they shrink in size.
- Take the pan of the stove and set aside.
- In the mixer, blend all the ingredients of the pan
- Put grated cocunut and salt as well.
- You can temper this with Cracked mustard seeds and curry leaves
Brahmi is a creeper that is known as ‘Ondelaga’ or ‘Thimare’ in Kannada and ‘Vallarai’ in Tamil. This Ayurvedic creeper, when consumed early in the morning on an empty stomach boosts memory power.
It is known to cure epilepsy, helps in hair growth, growth of nerve cells and improves the process ofdigestion. Using raw Brahmi leaves for this recipe can ensure maximum nutrition consumption. You canalso experiment by adding your choice of herbs (mint leaves, curry leaves, fenugreek leaves, spinach, dillleaves, etc.)